I've just spent a rather large sum of money investing in technology I hardly understand. That's my next post--technically challenged!
My program requires us to buy a PDA and a program called Epocrates Essentials so that the latest drug/disease information is at our fingertips--literally. Of course, oldilocks that I am I fear all change and postponed my purchase until the last possible moment.
After much stress and very little research I decided to buy a Palm smartphone (cheapest option) and had resigned myself to carrying around an ugly chunky thing. I went to the mall today and the Sprint kiosk had Disappeared. Evaporated. Completely Gone. I kid you not. I had just been there on Thursday afternoon, mind you, and talked to the guy! It was a very Twilight Zone kind of feeling.
I went to Costco and bought an IPod Touch. I've spent the past 2+ hours trying to figure out how to a) charge the darn thing b) sync it --whatever that means c) spend even more money purchasing Epocrates d) make my wireless connection available to anyone within range.
I've been having wireless issues and the only way I could figure out how to access my own network (couldn't remember my password) was to change it back to default settings without any security settings. So, go ahead, access my network, invade my privacy. I'm helpless.
Can someone please invent a cable I can attach to my brain?
i love the ipod touch! it's awesome...
ReplyDeletei can help you with some of the technical stuff if you want when i'm home this weekend!... not all of it... but some!
and that's really odd about the whole twilight zone thing... perhaps you dreamed it all!
Yes, do help me.
ReplyDeleteha, ha...that sounds aweful! Sometimes technology just makes my life more miserable. You're not alone.
ReplyDeleteOh man, Sonja, you should have called me! I would have had endless advice for you on pda selection! :) I read about the new pdas that are coming out regularly. Weird, but I like messing with tiny computers. Actually, thinking about it more, that's probably a good reason not to call me about this!
ReplyDeleteI-pod touch looks cool - most of the I-phone capabilities (minus calling of course) without the monthly cell phone charges. Although I do find it somewhat humorous that the Ipod was giving you trouble. Mac's reputation is supposed to be that it "just works". I think it's just as difficult to learn to use as every other device.