This one I stole from a blog la Guera Salsera follows, it's too fascinating not to share.
Sister Wives is a new TLC show about a polygamous (soon to be prosecuted) family in Lehi. They're fundamentalists, as I suppose all polygamists with Mormon origins call themselves, but they're not of the infamous Warren Jeffs-FLDS variety. Kody and his gang are part of the
Apostolic United Brethren (AUB) group. Remember a crazy fella named Cody Judy? It's all in the name, brothers and sisters.
They seem pretty normal but every once in awhile they pop out something crazy like, "The first time I kissed Kody was across the altar because it's not right to kiss a married man." But it's ok to date one?
While I don't endorse polygamy, I do wonder why it's illegal to make a commitment to multiple women and have lots of kids, but legal to have multiple
uncommitted relationships and still have lots of children.
Yeah, I know, they may not be wearing jumpers and have their hair pulled back in braids but they are still very strange. I can't get Chris to watch the show...it was interesting. He just seems so fake to me...he's over the top trying to prove he is the ideal father and husband to three women. And yes, excellent point about the uncommitted relationships. Do you really think they will be able to prosecute?? I mean that's what I was saying to Chris...every one else is sleeping with multiple women too, just not under any religious premises.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree Kody Brown seemed totally fake trying to prove what a great father/husband he is. Why won't Chris watch it?
ReplyDeleteYes, fascinating! I had to watch the entire video in your link...
ReplyDeleteI can't figure out how a person just "converts" and can somehow just get over all the old monogamous ideas and make the polygamy thing work.