Apparently in Ireland they don't say , "I'm going to mow the lawn." They say, "I'm going to cut the grass." I learned that in church 2 weeks ago.
The other day I was driving home and I passed a house with a guy on a massive riding mower/tractor in a teeny,tiny yard--like 12x15 ft!. It was so funny, wish I had a picture.
This past Sunday there was a special youth session at 0800 and so we had muffins (aka cake) for them at 0730. All the kids were coming in all puffy-eyed and sleepy looking. We were talking to one of the girls about being tired from getting up so early and she was like, "Yeah, I stayed up so late. I went to bed at 10 PM!"
Ha ha ha! Hilarious!
Ha ha ha! Hilarious!

0730? 0800? Did you yell,"Ourah!" When was reveille anyway?
ReplyDeleteyea, Spencer says "Cut the Lawn" everytime, I'm still trying to get used to it. By the way, I only had 1/2 of the cake that morning!
ReplyDeleteWhat the heck is ourah?
ReplyDeletemow the lawn, cut the grass, mow the grass, cut the lawn... I think I've heard it said just about every way you can think of.
ReplyDeleteAs I was lying in bed listening to someone's very loud weed whacker this morning, I realized that since it's called a lawn mower, it makes perfect sense to say, mow the lawn. It's not called a grass cutter, right?
ReplyDelete"Ourah" (or is it "ooo-rah"?) is what the Marines yell all the time. I thought your use of military time was intentional, hence the reference to "reveille." Oh, and actually, I had to look up how to spell reveille.
ReplyDeleteGuess I did misspell it:
ReplyDeletehttp://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090406172435AA8O01g
Guess it's "oorah"? One of the bus drivers at the kids' school will yell it when he sees me going running up the steep hill past them.
Sorry, cluttering up your blog, but that link didn't come out, the tail end was cut off, but just type in a search in google.
ReplyDeleteHospitals use military time, saves on confusion.
ReplyDelete