Neu-rot-ic
Informal A person prone to excessive anxiety and emotional upset
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Informal A person prone to excessive anxiety and emotional upset
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
It has perhaps been most simply defined as a "poor ability to adapt to one's environment, an inability to change one's life patterns, and the inability to develop a richer, more complex, more satisfying personality." Neurosis should not be mistaken for psychosis, which refers to loss of touch with reality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotic
I admit it, no shame, I deny responsibility. After all, it's clearly either genetic or a result of that early toilet-training, oh the psychological repurcusions. No evidence of neurosis evolving into psychosis.
So easy to think of things to write when I should be studying...

so much time on your hands with the funny little pictures and obsessive blog posts...
ReplyDeleteBut, we do love your neurosis (or maybe neuroses).
ReplyDeleteIgnore Maria...I crave more. Why the five pages of emptyness before the comment section?
ReplyDeleteYeah, a long empty block on my browser too. If that monkey is in reference to Maria's toy, I think therapy is in order. I don't think they do electroshock anymore, though, so just a counselor.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAh ha! I fixed the blank space--the monkey picture created all kinds of issues, this is not a joke. There were like a billion placement commands.
ReplyDeleteThe monkey was just a funny coincidence, I googled "crazy" and ironically that's what popped up. And, little Maria, after sitting at the computer for hours trying to write papers, sometimes I need a break. Rrr!
ReplyDeleteUh, clearly I have not changed my life-patterns. Apologies to non-family, private vs public behavior and all that, shocking, I know.
Ha ha ha, the private behavior is slowly seeping out...You know, I didn't even make the monkey connection at first, but maybe there's something intrinsic about monkeys that drove you mad (monkey = crazy) and not just the something-for-nothing factor.
ReplyDeleteI admit I do rather enjoy the posts, and I've shared the AQ test with just about everyone, so keep it up!
It looks like Homer Simpson's helper monkey "Mo-Jo". Ha, ha!
ReplyDelete