Sunday, July 12, 2009

Yard Trauma--The continuing story.

I love this stuff. Need I say more?

Had more bird trauma but refrained from taking pictures because it was gruesome. I was watering my flowers and noticed a bunch of bird feathers. I looked around the corner and there was a mangled, decapitated bird with a big old puncture wound through its chest. That bird had not been there 30 minutes before.
In the time it took me to jog around the neighborhood someone's pet--going out on a limb here and saying "dog" due to the size of the wound and the freshly deposited poop in my yard--trashed the bird, desecrated my back yard, and left. Grr!

6 comments:

  1. that snail bait looks like a cereal box... haha. but i'm sorry about your yard! i think i would cry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there not leash laws in your fair city? Probably, but as in Park City few people pay attention to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also noted that your snail bait is the "Original English Formula." Dare I hope that this may be the very formula that Dame Agatha, Dame Judi and Baroness James all use in their gardens (they are, or in the case of Agatha Christies were, all avid gardeners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snails, slugs, moths, dog poop and decapitated birds? Your yard sounds like a happening party place! I seriously don't know how you picked up that bird's body and head without throwing up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corry's Slug & Snail death--rain proof, superior to Lilly Miller's dumb pellets.

    The darn bird's head was under its body--sick!!

    ReplyDelete