Broken riser catapulted across the yard.
Saturday night when I turned off the shower, I could still hear water running. What the heck? I had plugged the sink in anticipation of washing some stuff and forgot to turn off the water. That little overflow drain? Insufficient. I started laughing, ha ha, over the 2 inches of water on the floor until I realized the bathroom floor is probably not water tight, meaning it was probably raining in the family room. And yes, curses, it was! One of the vanity drawers was paritally open and caught like 3 gallons of water, thankfully. Who knew blow dryers could float? Left it outside to dry, may attempt to use it day after tomorrow. 

Woah, el sucky. Any permanent damage?
ReplyDeleteSomething's not adding up. So the water was running from the time you heard the river in the morning until the evening when you took a shower? Was the sink not in the same bathroom as the shower? Guess I'll need to call you again to get the full story. In the meantime, I wouldn't recommend plugging in the hair dryer - there may be a little pool left somewhere inside of it.
ReplyDeleteTwo separate incidents, Maria. The river was a broken sprinkler. The sink was running while I was in the shower, in the evening, like in the first picture. The urgent nature of both problems prohibited me from actual photo documentation. No permanent damage that I can tell, direct vent access from the floor of the bathroom to the ceiling of the family room--an advantage of the ghetto I suppose. Whoa.
ReplyDeleteAt least it was all clean water. Most of my water woes have come from backed up sewer drain. Not nice, not nice at all. And as for the plugging in a seemingly dry blow dryer - don't. Just sayin'
ReplyDelete